Come join us at Trinity! We are pilgrims together on the journey of faith-seeking to grow in grace, to be the hands and feet of Jesus in the local community and beyond, expecting to be transformed and equipped to share the Good News with everyone.
-Carol D. Allison, Pastor
Our Mission Statement:
Make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The first known move toward securing a Methodist Church in the Augusta Road area is a discussion between J.O. Merritt and the Rev. David W. Reese, Jr., Assistant Pastor of St. Paul Methodist Church. Any further plans are delayed until the conclusion of World War II.
The City Board of Missions and Church Extension is organized and the plans for a Methodist Church in the Augusta Road area are renewed.
March 8, 1946
The group purchases a 1.75 acre lot at the corner of Augusta Road and Country Club Drive.
Rev. David Reese is appointed by the Bishop to make a house-to-house survey in the Augusta Road area to determine the interest in a new church. The survey turns out to be very positive. Not only Methodists living in the area, but members of other denominations and service personnel at Donaldson Air Force Base also expressed interest in forming a new church in this area.
August 25, 1947
A group of interested persons meet in Augusta Circle School and organize themselves formally into a church. Dr. B.R. Turnipseed, District Superintendent, presided. A Board of Stewards is elected: J.O. Merritt, Chairman; Tom Robelot, Vice Chairman; W.R. Merritt, Secretary; Powell Thomas, Treasurer; Paul Byrd, Charles Cely, Paul Holder, Frank Hunt, Dr. J. R. Owings, James Moseley, R.K. Rouse, William Stroud, and T.R. Tindall. At first, the church is named Memorial Methodist Church, based on the intent to ask families to pledge substantial sums as memorials to persons lost in the war. However, this plan is never activated and the name of the church is changed to Trinity Methodist Church.
February 20, 1948
The first worship service of Trinity Methodist Church is held at Augusta Circle School with 95 members in attendance.
February – September, 1948
The first phase of construction – a one-story, concrete block building – takes place under the direction of Cunningham and Walk architects.
September 19, 1948
The first service is held in the new building. Two years later, a second floor is added and the building gets a brick veneer.
Architects are instructed to prepare plans for a new sanctuary and church office.
June 4, 1955
The steeple is put in place by a large crane.
October 23, 1955
The first service is held in the new sanctuary.
Beginning with David Reese, Jr. and including its present minister, the Reverend Carol Allison, Trinity has been served by 18 ministers. The Reverend John Miller, Minister of Counseling, also served for many years. The Reverend Eugene Bedenbaugh, Minister of Education, served for a number of years.
Rev. Carol Allison
Director of Children’s Ministries
Dr. Joyce Ford
Director of Music Ministries
Director of Trinity Child Development Center